Friday, January 9, 2009

Needing some instant gratification...

So, I've not been blogging much lately because I've been busy cleaning this mess. (Note to self: next time, don't dump everything from half a dozen craft projects on the bed, floor and table and then close the door...it's only going to get worse!)
I made a few New Year's Resolutions and one of them certainly can't happen until this room is organized again and in a functioning manner. More on that to come soon! I purchased a small desk at a thrift store before Thanksgiving but haven't had the time to paint it. I'll post the "before" and "after" once I get it done. I think I'm going to paint it black. I'd like to paint the bed black also and redo the bedding. The bedding is from Pottery Barn (can you even see it under the sea of kids clothes to go in storage, remnants of craft projects and what ever else is on there?) about 6 years ago and while I liked it then, it just doesn't work with what I want to do in this room. This room is the smallest of the bedrooms and serves as a guest room/craft room. I really want this room to be a fun and inspirational place to be. We have done nothing to this room since moving in a year ago and it shows. Since we only have guests a few times a year, this room will really be my craft room with a bed in there. So, what would you do with this room? I've got lots of organizational ideas...just not sure exactly where to go from there. I really like the black and white theme with a few bursts of colored accents. Zebra, Toile, Damask? Which to do? And what accent color? I want this room to be fun and inspire me to get in there are create. Help me out, please, I beg you!!! I want to get this room done! Any ideas or pictures from the web or a blog you care to share?

Now to the instant gratification part... So, while I made a TON of progress in sorting through all that I had dumped in this room over the last month, I decided I needed to make a few quick projects for some instant gratification last night. I promise the room already looks a million times better this morning...still lacking inspiration...but cleaner. In about 15 minutes, I had both of these made and completed. See, instant gratification! The "C" is covered in mod podge and leopard tissue paper. I attached a ribbon to the top and called it done. The little notebook is one of the small composition books. I used spray adhesive to attach the zebra scrapbook paper and then punched a hole on the front and back covers. I used a rhinestone brad for the front cover and attached an eyelet with some black elastic to the back cover...and done! Oh yeah, I applied a coat or two of mod podge to that as well (before the rhinestone and eyelet were added). The zebra notebook is already in my bag with a list of items I need to keep an eye out for and I need to find a place to hang the leopard C. I also came across all kinds of goodies in my craft room but I MUST get it organized first or I don't see this room looking any different a month down the road. Hope someone has some fun inspiration for me!!!