Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Snowmen {Super Yummy!}

It's been a busy weekend so far! I've made tons of stuff that I can't wait to share with yall {but again, some will have to wait until after Christmas} I've made a few tassels, some adorable wine glass markers that have photo charms on them, felt cookies for my daughter and much more...

Here are some fun treats that the kids and I made together this weekend. I saw the large marshmallow snowmen in a little boutique while I was out doing some Christmas shopping and thought it would be fun for Connor to make and give to his buddies.
These are the miniature snowmen {my personal favorite}...three mini marshmallows dipped in white chocolate and then decorated with assorted sprinkles. I was lazy and didn't feel like melting milk chocolate also, but it would be cute to use that to draw arms, the face, buttons, etc. on the snowmen too. The kids and I had a lot of fun making these together. I let Connor do most of the decorating and he liked the BIG snowmen best {3 large marshmallows on a sucker stick}. Here are a few pics of my kids making the white chocolate snowmen.
My daughter {20 months old} is already hamming it up for the camera while Connor admires his first snowman. A closer look at his first masterpiece. :)
Here she is with a completely fake smile...but proud of the fact that she was able to steal a bottle of sprinkles away from her brother! As you can see, she was also able to sneak a few pieces of candy and sprinkles and relished every bite. Finally, she decided to pitch in and help decorate a few of the snowmen instead of just eating them. Can you tell which ones she helped with? Connor wasn't entirely happy with her "help". The snowmen were really fun to make and I'm sure we'll make them again. I know Connor's friends are really going to enjoy eating these, too. I think they'd also be really cute to use as a stirrer in a cup of hot cocoa. It would add a little white chocolate and tons of marshmallow to the cup...great for someone with a sweet tooth {like me!}

Okay, last pic of the night, I promise! These were my final creation of the evening. I started dipping the mini marshmallows in the white chocolate and then tossing them in a bowl of coconut shavings...YUMMY! They look like little snowballs and taste DE-LISH! Give them a try and you won't be sorry {that is, unless you are one of those people that don't like coconut} :)