Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm still here...and Happy New Year!

Just thought I'd post real quick to let yall know I'm still here! We had a wonderful Christmas and had a great time with friends and family. I hope you all did also! My husband went back to work this morning after a nice long vacation and my son just started back to school today so I'm slowly getting back into our normal routines. I have spent the last 2 days purging our house of clutter and stuff that we don't need anymore and it's such a nice feeling. I've still got to tackle the Christmas tree...love putting it up...hate taking it down!

I have several crafts that I've been working on and can't wait to share with yall. I had some help from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law over Christmas with my first sewing pattern. I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year but have been too scared to really use it. I bought a pattern for a really cute apron and took it with me on our visit to see them and they both helped me tackle it. I LOVE my new apron and I am excited to tackle some new sewing projects now. Before Christmas, I had been working on some window treatments, tassels, jewelry, bookmarks, some really cute wine glass bracelets (wine glass markers that had clasps and a photo charm) amongst many other things...

I'll be back soon with pictures and to catch up on my favorite blogs...but first, I must tackle that Christmas tree!

Happy New Year!